Saturday, April 30, 2011

Graveyard Snacks......

So, I have been working graveyards as a nurse assistant the past few months. It really throws off my bodies digestion and appetite. I wake up and eat all day, then go to work and eat all night! My stomach does not get that break that it needs when you sleep! So I try to eat very healthy throughout the night to give me energy and help keep me going! I'm so extremely busy running around that I am constantly hungry. I always pack a bag full of snacks (#1 tip to stay away from the candy machines and dessert corners at work). Here are a few of the things that I ate last night....Yum!






This plain Chobani yogurt is my favorite! It has a 100 calories and 18 grams of protein, with very low sugar. Try to find it on sale or it can be pretty pricy. I always buy plain yogurt and throw in a packet of stevia to take the bitter taste away. This mix above is what I threw together one evening. It was delicious! I actually crave it everyday. I put 1 T. of PB2  and one packet of stevia in the yogurt. Then I top it with about a 1/4-1/2 cup of Fiber One. Delicious! Tastes like peanut butter goodness. For those of you who are new to PB2, it is a healthy alternative to PB. Don't get me wrong, PB is very good for you!! But if you are like me and could eat globs of it with every meal or just by the spoon, then that could get to be a little too much :) Check PB2 out here...I buy it at netrition.com...much cheaper. You can add it to you shakes, cereal, etc... I have to try the Chocolate PB one next!



This breakfast food is yummy as well! I ate it at about 6 am before I went home to hit the sack around 8. If I don't eat before I go to bed, the hunger pains wake me up and I hate that! I got this idea from Gabriela, a food blog that I follow. It is called PB Cookie Dough Cereal!



  • Mix 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 scoop vanilla protein, a splash of water, and a glob of PB (the real stuff). Mush together until it reaches a thick cookie dough consistency. Cover with soy milk and some frozen berries and walla! It is heaven in a bowl!

Other snacks I eat during my graveyards.....
  • Edamame from Costco, oatmeal, a big salad from the cafeteria, omelet from the cafeteria, almonds, apple and some PB, and of course fruits and veggies mixed in!
If you have any other snack ideas for me, post it in the comment section!

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

Weird! Your chobani, fiber one, pb2 creation is EXACTLY what I ate for breakfast! :D Doesn't fiber one taste amazing in the plain yogurt?? Love it! :)

Sarah Hansen said...

I am trying all of these...that peanut butter cookie dough mix looks amazing!