Friday, April 1, 2011

Weight lifting with Heart Rate Bursts Workout


I did this workout this morning and it kicked my butt so I wanted to share it with you.

I started out doing a version of the Home Cardio Workout but switched it up a little.

#1 Heart Rate Burst Interval
50 jumping jacks
20 alternative lunges
10 jumping lunges on each leg
20 squats
60 seconds high knees
10 squat jumps
10 burpees
60 seconds running ladders
20 second mountain climbers
25 pushups ( I definitely did these girl style because I was worn out at this point)
15 V-sit ups

Rest 1 minute

Legs & Chest Interval
10 Bulgarian Squats on each leg (20 lb. dumbbells in each hand)
12 Straight Leg Dead Lifts (65 lb. barbell)
12 Incline Bench Press (45 lb. bar)
**Do this 3 times. Rest 1 minute between each interval

Back & Shoulder Interval
12 Assisted Pull-ups Wide Grip
12 Dumbbell Military Press (15 lbs)
12 Dumbbell Lateral Raises (12.5 lbs)
20 jellybellies (I don't know if this is the term for these, this is what we called them when I danced)
**Do this 3 times, with rest between each interval)

#2 Heart Rate Interval (repeat above)


Legs & Biceps Interval
20 Fire hydrants on each leg
12 Hamstring Curls Machine (75 lbs)
10 1-arm Cable Bicep Curls-facing outward (15 lbs)
12 Cable Bicep Curls with straight bar (45 lbs)
**Do this 3 times, with rest between each interval

I wanted to do the Heart Rate Interval one more time but I was exhausted! I will do it next time though!

Finished with stretching!!! Took about 1 hour!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Stephanie, what a cute blog! I am going to try some of your workouts!! You can be my trainer for the 3 month wedding countdown.