Sunday, April 17, 2011

Yummy Sunday Dinner and Dessert

Hello and happy Sunday!! I made some delicious meatballs today for dinner and I wanted to share them with you. Bradon and I love them! Super healthy for you too.

MEATBALLS:
  • 1 lb. lean ground turkey
  • 1 T. bread crumbs (you can use quinoa instead if you want)
  • 3 T. Wildtree's Spaghetti blend*** (You could also use spaghetti seasoning packets)
  • 3 T. parmesan cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper
Mix all together in a bowl (I use my clean hands to squish it all into 1-2 inch meatballs). Cook at 350 for about 20 min or until golden brown on a cookie sheet. Top your spaghetti with the meatballs and spaghetti sauce. For our dinner I mixed whole wheat spaghetti with spaghetti squash and topped with four meatballs and sauce! Paired it up with a small side salad and some broccoli. 


***I love Wildtree! I used to be a sales rep for them so I have everything in the catalogue :) Wildtree is a food company that makes quick and easy seasonings and food items that are all natural and very healthy for you! All the spices and mixes are already combined so all you do is add it to your meat or pasta and walla, dinner is ready! If you want to know more about it visit the website and check it out. I have many recipes and suggestions! All their items have less sugar, sodium, and fat then most store bought items. The Alfredo Extraordinare is excellent! Directions come right on the bottle..or on the website.



KOMBUCHA

While I was making dinner I sipped on some Synergy Kombucha. I have fallen in love with this stuff. It is a fermented tea that helps balance out your bodies pH, regulates digestion, suppresses your appetite, strengthens your immune system, gives your body the good bacteria it needs, etc. I have definitely seen a difference in my appetite and regularity if you know what I mean :). I sometimes drink half a bottle a day and save the other half for another day. It has a fizz to it that is a natural efferecense. Beware....it has natural floating healthy bacteria in it that is the "mushroom". You can buy them at any health food store! It is an acquired taste, smells like vinegar....I like the guava, mango, or trilogy for trying it your first time.



Bradon and I chef up our own ice cream mixture at home, it is our own Cold Stone...It is delicious and not at all healthy, but that's ok! When it comes to desserts I don't like healthy ones. They don't hit the spot for me. You need to splurge once in a while! 

We get a tub of natural chocolate ice cream and mix in a lot of peanut butter, peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, and half of a oreo pie crust from the store. Then we refreeze it. It is the best ice cream EVER! It is so rich that I do not need a lot to be satisfied! The oreo crust is the secret ingredient that makes this ice cream so irresistible. Mix it in at the end so it doesn't get too smashed up!


HAVE A WONDERFUL SUNDAY!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I get done with the jaw therapy, I would love to taste the ice cream. It sounds wonderful! I am so excited to see you guys tomorrow.

KILEY said...

That ice cream is definitely something I can get behind! Looks delicious!

I have a request for a post. Since being pregnant I am hungry ALL THE TIME! I work full time and end up eating out for lunch or just snacking on anything I can find, which is usually unhealthy, processed foods. I have tried bringing veggies to snack on which is nice and fresh tasting but they don't keep me full. Can you give me some tips of lunch/snack items that I can take to work that are high protein/fiber or just something that will keep me full for longer then 20 seconds?!

Charles and Katy said...

Steph! I love kombucha! I have been obsessed with it lately and I crave it! i love your blog.. Keep updating xoxo. Miss you!