Tuesday, April 12, 2011

FILL YOU UP breakfast

Hello! So I tried this breakfast oatmeal the other morning and I was very full after I ate it. Usually after I breakfast I never feel completely satisfied because I am always on the run, but this morning I was content! It kept me full for about 4 hrs too! Here is what was thrown together into a bowl.

(I apologize for my unprofessional pictures, I am not good at taking pictures of my food like other bloggers :). It might not look appetizing or neatly put together, but I promise the stuff I post I think is delicious!)

  • 1/4 cup oat bran
  • 1/4 cup oatmeal (quick or rolled)
    • Cook oat bran and oatmeal together in about 1 cup water for about 2-21/2 min. Watch microwave because it can spill over fast if the bowl is not big enough!
  • Add:
  • 1/2 T. chia seeds
  • 1 T. protein (I used vanilla brown rice protein)
  • Stevia
  • Cinnamon
  • 1/2 of a banana, sliced
  • 1/2-1 T. almond butter or peanut butter on top of the bananas
  • Cover all of it with a splash of soy milk


I am loving this almond butter from Costco, it is so thick and creamy. Super cheap too!


This protein is a good alternative to whey protein if you don't eat dairy or you are vegan/vegetarian. It is a complete protein. 1 scoop has 60 calories and 12 g. of protein, get it here for a good deal.....$10.99 for a 1 lb. container! 

I'm on a chia seed kick, because it is full of fiber and good fatty acids! I like the little ball texture too. If you let it sit in water they about triple in size (just like in you tummy, and keeps you full)


Also, to save money, go to Sunflowers Market or other health food store and buy things like chia seed, oat bran, oatmeal, flour, etc... in bulk. So you can buy a little to try it out before buying a whole package!












1 comment:

Maryann said...

I love that almond butter from costco! Your oats look yummy, those are a lot of the things I like to put in mine too. Your pic looks great! I am realllly bad at taking food pics, oh well =)