Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday Morning German Pancakes

Every Sunday I make these "healthified" german pancakes for Bradon and I. They don't rise as high as usual because I use whole wheat flour. They are yummy!

GERMAN PANCAKES
3 eggs (can use 9 egg whites)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (if you want them to rise high use 1/4c. whole wheat & 1/4 cup white)
Dash of salt
1 T. butter (I use smart balance)-I've tried to just used Pam but they stuck pretty bad to the pan.

Start out my preheating oven to 400. Put butter in 8X8 dish and place in oven to melt while preheating. Mix eggs and milk together (the longer you mix the higher they rise) then add flour and salt. Once butter is melted pour in batter. Cook for about 15 minutes or until edges are brown. Add syrup and pb on top!!

You can also double the recipe and make a 9X13 pan of it, and save the leftovers for another day! An 8x8 pan has about 485 calories and about 25 grams of protein. 

Bradon can usually eat a whole 8X8 pan himself so double up if sharing with others!