Friday, March 4, 2011

Roasted Cinnamon Sugar Almonds

I love almonds but I get so sick of plain ones! I love cinnamon, so I made these and they are wonderful!

  • 1 egg white
  • 1 tsp. cold water
  • 4 cups whole plain almonds
  • 1/2 cup sugar or stevia (I use stevia powder)
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 250. Lightly grease cookie sheet. Beat egg white, add water and beat until frothy. Mix sugar salt and cinnamon together in a bowl. Add almonds to egg white and water mixture. Stir until covered. Add sugar mix and toss.
Lay on cookie sheet. Cook for 45 min-1 hr stirring occasionally until golden. Allow to cool, then store in airtight containers!

If you use stevia, there are no added calories to the almonds! Just a lot more tasty!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry if this comment posted twice :) Are you on twitter? Wanted to share your recipe with my readers/followers!