Friday, March 4, 2011

Overnight Oatmeal

I ate warm oatmeal almost every morning for a while until I got extremely sick of it! I needed a new way of eating oatmeal! I found this on another blog and I love it. It is perfect if you need something quick to grab in the morning on your way out the door. It is cold, but you can warm it up if you want.

The night before mix:
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 cup light vanilla soymilk (or milk)
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 T. raisins
Put in airtight container and put in the fridge. In the morning add some chopped almonds, banana and chia seeds or flax! It is delicious. Tastes like rice pudding!

Get creative and add whatever fruit, nuts, or liquid you want! If you find something that is tasty post it on my comment section!

2 comments:

Kiley said...

I will definitely follow this blog! All the recipes look delicious!

Anonymous said...

Love this idea! Definitely going to try it soon. Keep the great ideas coming, your blog rocks! :)