Monday, May 9, 2011

Workout Burnout

So...over the last few months I have been extremely bored with my workouts and have had no drive to get off my butt and want to workout. I decided to sign up for a half marathon a little while ago to get me going, but  my hip has given me major issues which has limited me on my training. I know I will be able to finish, but it may be a struggle! Anyway.....I also got on the p90X bandwagon, but found myself unsatisfied with the workouts. I didn't like how I had to workout 6 times a week for 1 hr. 15 min and not feel like I got a good workout in. Don't get me wrong, it isn't an easy workout at all, but I don't have all the equipment to get the full benefit. Ab Ripper X is amazing! It is so challenging! My abs were ridiculously sore afterward.

So, I decided I needed a solid plan! Workout Box and www.bodybuilding.com are great places that I could find already designed workouts and most of them are free! The one that I am going to start is this one. It is the fat burning elite program that is 26 weeks long. I am pretty excited to have my workout planned for 26 weeks so we will see how that goes! I will keep you updated.

I love these websites because you can tailor your workouts to fit yours needs and goals! I also found MuscleBuilding, Women age 20-29 that would be a good 3-6 week plan. If your looking for a plan and you find one you like on these websites let me know!!


On Friday, Bradon and I babysat my nephews Gabe and James. I made these yummy Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas. I got this recipe from Janetha off her blog. I love her meals! Bradon and I loved them, and so did the kiddos! They are SO easy and nutritious!

I also put together this salad on Saturday. I was craving a huge salad, so I topped it with those pre-cooked chicken breasts from Costco that I blogged about a few posts back. I steamed a sweet potato on the side and topped it with spray butter and cinnamon! Yum!


My new favorite veggie to top my salad with are sprouts! They are so refreshing and add a different texture!


Food Rules Continued

I have not wrote about the food rules for a while, so here are a few more from that book..... 
These rules are Part II of the book titled, What Kind of Food Should I eat?

Rule #22: Eat mostly plants, especially leaves:
Vegetarians are notably healthier then carnivores; and they live longer. The more veggies you eat, the less risk you have for the Western diseases we suffer from.  This means less cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc... Sounds good to me! It also helps you take in less calories.

Rule #23: Treat meat as a flavoring or special food occasion (FYI...this author is all for vegetarianism!) So if you love meat...just eat it in moderation like everything else! He says that people who eat meat a few times a week are healthy like vegetarians. The more meat (especially red meat) you take in, the higher risk for heart disease and cancer. Why? They don't know for sure, it may just be pushing veggies off the plate to make room for out 12 oz. steaks :) Try to limit it to 4 oz. serving sizes, or the palm of your hand.

Rule #24: Eating what stands on one leg (mushrooms, plants) is better than what stands on two legs (fowl), and is better then eating what stands on four legs (cows, pigs, etc)...
This is my favorite rule! It is a great way to remember. Fish is great for you too and it doesn't stand on any legs! haha. 

Rule #25: Eat your colors:
The many different colors of foods represents the many different antioxidants and vitamins that they contain. They all work in different ways so eat up a wide variety. They will protect against disease!

Rule #26: Drink the spinach water:
The water your veggies are steamed in contain a lot of the vitamins. Add it to soup or drink it up! (I have never heard of this but sounds like a good idea)

Rule #27: Eat animals that have themselves eaten well:
The industries goal is to produce a vast amount of cheap animal protein. This has damaged their healthfulness that they contain. They feed them high amounts of grain to grow faster, and pump them full of antibiotics. When animals eat grass like they are supposed to, they end up with much better meat and eggs. It is pretty pricy to buy grass fed, natural meat, but it is worth it in the long run for our bodies.

Thats enough until next time! I hope these rules help you with your  daily food choices!


Do any of you have good workout plans? Post links/comments or email me your plans if you have any!!


What are your thoughts on these rules? 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

http://fatburningworkouts.hourb.com