Sunday, May 22, 2011

Timp Trail Half Marathon

I ended up running the half marathon I signed up for and it was the hardest thing I have done in my life! I was not going to run it due to the rain and mud, but it ended up being a sunny, dry day! The hard part about it was all the hills and trails, half the the race was straight up hiking. It took me 2 hrs and 42 minutes to complete with no rest (well except for one pee break, yep, I had to stop in some bushes and squat! haha.). I was for sure not competing in this race and just wanted to cross the finish line. 
 The first part was extremely muddy! I had about an inch of mud caked on my shoes, which weighed me down big time! I was going to turn around about three miles into it because of the mud, but it ended up getting a lot better!
 In all, it was one of the best 1/2 marathons I have ran, because of the scenic views and being up in the mountains! it made time fly by!


I wanted to take a picture of the straight up trails! I kept wondering when it was going to end. The last 4 miles were down hill, which ended up killing my knees in the end. 
 I honestly think I ate all day after the race, I was starving all day! I don't think my body was ready for the shock it went through! haha. 

It was a beautiful day! Got plenty of nice tan lines! Capri tan lines are the best!

1 comment:

Sarah Hansen said...

Great job Steph! Guess what I am eating right now? Chobani Yogurt with Stevia and Fiber One! I love you meal and snack ideas :)