Sunday, May 29, 2011

Bountiful Baskets

So...this Saturday I did my first food co-op and picked up a big basket of fruit and veggies. Go to this website to check out a co-op that is close to you. It was only $15.00 for a big basket of goods.



You don't know what you are getting when you sign up which is the negative part, but you get so much produce for $15! I got cantaloupe, mangos, bananas, pineapple, plums, cucumbers, yellow potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, apples, and kiwis! That is a lot of stuff! Most of it is local produce and minimum pesticides! You can pay $5 more dollars for organic! Go to the website and sign up for a basket in your area! You have to sign up on Monday @ 10 am to get a basket. It fills up quickly so sign up fast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so cool! I've never heard of such a thing, I'm definitely going to try to sign up if one pops up near me :) Thanks for sharing!