Sunday, April 1, 2012

Getting easier...

Hello! Well the last few days have been much better days then when I first started. I'm not having the sugar/bread cravings that I had. I feel like my body was detoxing from sugar. I don't think I realize how much sugar I really do eat from bread, cereal, cookies, granola bars, protein bars, etc. Dr. Hyman says your body goes through some detoxing side effects when you rid sugar and gluten from your diet. I also have been feeling much better not eating gluten. I don't bloat half as much. Anyways.....here is what was on the menu the last few days!!

Breakfast: same as the first few days....I know, boring right?

Breakfast for Bradon....Perfect Protein Waffles! These are seriously so yummy and has been one thing I miss a ton!!! The recipe is here!


Snacks: Gluten Free steel cut oats with berries, brown rice cake with PB2 and apple, celery with almond butter, etc..
Post workouts: Berry Protein Smoothie with Kale, and a brown rice cake with PB2. The only problem is, my Blendtec has been making really funky noises and decided to blow up! So now no smoothies for a while until they replace it! :(
Lunch: steamed butternut squash and cauliflower with ground turkey spaghetti sauce. This recipe is SOOO easy. You can find it here...
Dinner: We ate at a local Thai restaurant. It was delicious!! I love Thai because their dishes are always full of vegetables!

Before Bed Snack: FAUX CHOCOLATE SMOOTHIE! So yummy and it tasted like a frosty. (Ok maybe not as sweet, but still yummy!)

1 cup flax milk
1 scoop chocolate protein
8-10 ice cubes 
1 pkt stevia
1 T. Flax
1/2 t guar gum

 
                                                   200 calories, 22 protein, Omega-3 fats!


TIP OF THE DAY

  1. Need to find a way to relax....try the ULTRABATH....Stress plays a dramatic role in blood sugar balance. It promotes weight gain around the middle, increases inflammation, and may cause many chronic diseases. I have an extremely hard time relaxing. But this bath sure does do the trick (when I make time for it of course). 
Ultra bath:

1-2 cups epsom salt
1/2 cup baking soda
10 drops lavender oil (decreases stress levels)

It is a detoxing/relaxation bath! 

Also lack of sleep or poor sleep damages your metabolism, causes cravings for sugar and carbs, makes you eat more, and drives up your risk for heart disease, diabetes, and early death. SO SET UP GOOD SLEEPING HABITS NOW!! (After I read this I thought, "OH that is awesome since I work nightshifts!" you get horrible sleep after these long nights...)


No comments: