Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day 2 of the challenge

Im not going to lie....today was a lot harder than yesterday. I was more fatigued & had a headache. I was reading that it's your bodies way of getting rid of it's toxins and that is how you feel the first few days when switching to a whole foods diet. Stomach wise I feel great! 

I started out the morning with the same breakfast as yesterday, and same post-workout meal. Sometimes I find it easier to eat the same things that I like. It takes a lot of thinking out of your meals. 

FOR LUNCH: I had a huge salad with salmon & a sweet potato. I got these yummy wild salmon burger patties @ Costco. I just cooked it in the microwave and crumbled it over my salad. I warmed up the left over sweet potato from last night's dinner.
 I also topped it off with homemade balsamic vinagerette and some deli mustard. I have fallen in love with this mustard and it might sound disgusting, but dipping veggies in it is delicious! I added a few drops to my salad for flavor. 

FOR DINNER: So can you guess what I ate for dinner in the picture below?? haha. It's pizza. :) I tried this almond flour crust recipe, and it looked cooked and ready to eat in the oven. I went to pick it up off the cookie sheet and it cracked everywhere! I got this recipe off another blog and their pictures looked great! It was still delicious, just not a perfectly shaped pizza. I added tomato sauce, chicken, spinach, & mushrooms. 

After dinner I was craving sweets of course, so I ate an apple with chocolate PB2 (I know there is a little bit of sugar added to this, but I figured a few grams would be fine!)


I love this PB2 it has a lot of protein and less fat then real PB. You mix it with water and can make it the consistency you want. You can order it on the internet. Its yummy on toast, rice cakes, with apples or veggies.  It definitely hit the sweet tooth spot!




FUN FACT FOR THE DAY:
-Our paleolithic ancestors ate 22 teaspoons of sugar PER YEAR!
-Now the average American eats 150-180 LBS PER YEAR! That is about a 1/2 pound a day! No wonder our waist sizes are growing.



See you tomorrow! 

2 comments:

Kimberly Ngarupe said...

One of my friends is also doing the Paleo thing. I like the idea of it, I'll have to look more into it.

Miss you Steph!

eatdrinkandbehealthy said...

Miss you too Kim!! See you at your shower!